Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sassy

Sassy. That's my mom, or rather what everyone in my family calls her. My boys love their Sassy. On Sunday mornings we go there for breakfast. All I have to do is mention Sassy to Ollie, and he starts doing this dance that resembles the truffle shuffle from Goonies.
I love watching her with my kids. She is so patient. This past Sunday Jack dropped a train or left a train or something and it was my brother's growing up so it was metal. My mom got caught up in the train wreck and sort of skipped while saying- "Hai-ya-shi-coo-coo-ahhhh!". Jack looked at her wondering if she too spoke Japanese like his other grandma. I just commented that this was never how she reacted when I was a kid. Her words would have been way more colorful. Just like when my brother got in trouble for saying shit in Montessori. Hmmmm- I guess grandkids change you...Anyway:

Oliver-Sassy-Evelyn-Cory-Jack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I learned the leeson of patience the hard way...Just enjoy,live every moment,listen and don't even take a "train reck" on the foot for granted
love Mom