Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm That Mom

Revenge. Sweet revenge. Except that it was revenge on my 2 year old. Let me explain...
I remember when I was prego and Jack would wake me up in the middle of the night- he would press so sweetly on my bladder or ever so not gently place his fetal heel in my ribs. Months later, he would keep me up all night- no matter how tired I was. I know that EVERY mom has experienced these things. I know many moms who have dealt with so much more. I am NOT complaining. But...
On those nights, just as I would go cross eyed from exhaustion, I would smile- One day I will have my revenge. I couldn't wait until he was 13. I would wake him up a the crack of dawn singing "rise and shine and give God your glory" just like my mom would on Sundays.
I will still have that moment, but today I was just testing the waters.
Jack took a long nap. I don't like when he sleeps past 3pm because it screws up his nite-nite routine. God forbid I miss a second of Idol.* Anyway, I went in to wake him up with my normal back rubs and soft voice when " STOP MOMMY"
What?!?- Oh no you didn't!
I started to laugh, which really pissed him off...
" Do you want to just stay in your bed all day?"
(thumb in mouth) "es ommy"
I proceeded to lay on the floor and stick one finger at a time through the rungs of his crib and touch his nose.
I know I sound horrible. If you are reading this and are not a mom, just get over my twisted humor.
This all went on for about 5 minutes.
He finally got up and cuddled with me as he woke up. My baby, I adore him...but I almost wet myself- the look on his face...yeah I'm that mom- I still can't wait till he's 13

*What is up with idol?!? san-what-ever really just bugs me out! ugh!

No comments: